Social icons




I think at heart I am bad at making playlists simply because it takes me too long to gather songs together into even a semi-cohesive presentation. Instead of struggling against my wandering brain, I've decided simply to collect + document my musical thoughts into an ongoing series of playlists called This Week. It is the music I have been listening to, week to week.

Week No. 1 begins with your friends and mine, The Beach Boys.

If this playlist was truly a manifestation of where my musical brain has been in the past fourteen days it would be full of Beach Boys tracks—but alas, I too must accept some variance in my life. So instead I've simply book ended the damn thing with two current favorites by Wilsons and Co. The in-between bits are all loosely held together under the umbrella of pop psychedelia. Please enjoy!



Liner Notes /

"You Still Believe In Me"
The harmonies on this one, though. Plus, it was like, my third favorite musical sequence in Love & Mercy

"Bike"
If we're talking about tripped-out, musically experimental creative forces within hugely famous bands then you can't really leave out Syd Barrett-era Pink Floyd, can you?

"See My Friend"
While visiting Phoenix, Arizona, I went to a record store in search of Pet Sounds. Inside, they were playing something pleasant and when I SoundHound-ed it, this song came up.

"My Jamey", "Don't Be Square Be There", "Honey Lips", "Love Plus One"
This was a case of one thing leads to another. I'm obsessed with Part Time's latest release Virgo's Maze, and two of the best tracks on that album sound like relics from the past.

"Caroline, No"
Also featured in my second favorite musical sequence in Love & Mercy





♡♡♡
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Categories

Disqus for Okay Thanks Maria