Social icons



This is, generally, what my mornings look like at the moment.


Not pictured: Charlie just off to the right sitting at a desk, also working from home.
Dangerous amounts of chocolate Coffee for breakfast. Patio chairs with fake fur pieces draped over them in lieu of the mismatched kitchen chairs we have yet to thrift. A bike shoved into the corner—this rack from Wayfair on its way to us right now. My instant coffee sitting on one of the cute vinyl record coasters I got for Christmas last year.

It is both hard and easy to work from home. Hard to focus. Easy to drift into other activities; I have 7 tabs open in my browser and only two of them are work related. As I write this, the little Ps icon at the bottom of my screen blinks at me, accusing. It is also easier to enjoy my day. Small things like sunlight peaking through windows that are not in an office. Looking over my shoulder and seeing my husband there, in his pajamas, doing his own work. I like this, us, together and in charge of our day. It cannot last for long; one day I will find full time work and be pulled into an office yet again.

Right now, though? Right now this is a good morning.

fluff-chair morning-coffee record-coaster

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Categories

Disqus for Okay Thanks Maria