Social icons



Thoughts on the unnecessary but visually interesting task of cataloging my favorite movie title cards.


To be honest, there was minimal thought put into this process. I said simply, “Here I am, please please me.” Like most of my decisions, I judge a film’s title card by impulse. How does it make me feel in that moment? The seemingly random quality of my decision making is really an easy way for me to track patterns in my, uh, design sense, let’s say.

According to the selection below I’m drawn to large sans-serif titles, often in red; anything resembling a neon sign; handwritten or script fonts; eye-catching backgrounds which complement the simplicity of the title treatment. These visual qualities seem to be where my loyalties lie. Interesting, no?*

Title-Cards-1 Title-Cards-2Title-Cards-3Title-Cards-4Title-Cards-5Title-Cards-6Title-Cards-7Title-Cards-8Title-Cards-9Title-Cards-10

/

Want to go on your own movie title card capturing adventure? Have at it!

Also, this article on the art of the film title is worth a read.

*No? Goodbye.

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Categories

Disqus for Okay Thanks Maria